Time is moving fast. Show me my Customers has been live for three months! It has been a busy four weeks since our last progress update, here’s a summary of some of the main events.
Summer of Conferences:
When the sun comes out the conferences are on in London. Show me my Customers attended both London Tech Week and the Digital Marketing World Forum in June.
London Tech Week:
According to event organisers, London Tech Week is a festival of live events across London, showcasing and celebrating the best of tech while providing networking, social, learning and business opportunities. They report more than 40,000 people attended in June from over 70 countries and attendees went to approximately 300 events.
A key concern Show me my Customers heard from many senior marekting leaders and start-ups around Tech Week was a need for clarification and support regarding the incoming European General Protection Legislation (GDPR). In fact after we attended a legal seminar on the GDPR hosted by UK media law firm Harbotle and Lewis, we wrote this blog to address the issue. Below are some images from London Tech Week.
Digital Marketing World Forum (DMWF):
The purpose of the DMWF according to organisers is to bring together the worldwide marketing community to examine the latest trends, challenges and areas of opportunity in the marketing industry. The latest digital marketing technologies were discussed including Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR) and Artificial Intelligence (AI). Strategies for growth including influencer marketing, leveraging data, and content marketing were also hot topics.
The impact of digital technology on the marketing function has created a digital and social media landscape that has opened up opportunities for new technology implementation including a new world of start-ups offering new services. It is also causing the merging of boundaries between marketing to a person vs. a machine. Sessions explored:
* Data driven marketing and analytics for personalisation and targeting.
* How to leverage influencer relationships.
* The way AI is going to revolutionise and make a big impact on the way brands interact with customers.
During the last four weeks we’ve also been out talking to entrepreneurs about their growth challenges and testing the Show me my Customers tools. Here are a few feedback points:
* A science entrepreneur from Berlin thought the workbook style of Show me my Customers was helpful.
* The marketing manager for a fintech startup in London loved how Show me my Customers shows employees how marketing has infiltrated all aspects of an organisation and felt it would definitely help her motivate staff to understand and execute plans she was driving.
* The CEO of an Augmented Reality (AR) startup in Sydney felt our roadmap was a key tool to help startup teams drive consistency in messaging across the business as they scale at speed.
* The Director of Product for a mature media business in London said the Show me my Customers roadmap would help his team improve – evidence that the map can be used by any business regardless of size or age.
It’s been a busy past three months since the Show me my Customers website went live. Our Participants have continued to help us tell and show you about different aspects of marketing and we have even more useful blogs planned over the next four weeks. Watch this space, we’ve been slowly getting up to speed and we are excited about the developments that will unfold over the next few weeks.